Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy ensures that social and environmental concerns are considered in our all of our business operations.
We align our activities with the expectations of our stakeholders in relation to our economic, social and environmental impact.
We are proud to be a company with the highest principles of business ethics and are committed to conducting our business activities with honesty and in full compliance with current laws and regulations.
We continually seek better, safer, more cost effective and sustainable methods of working, while adhering to best practice.
Our policy is broken down into three key areas:
- Health and Safety
Our employees are central to our success and our ability to consistently deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
As such, we work hard to recruit, develop and retain the best talent in the industry and to provide an environment where they are encouraged to learn and grow.
This includes providing the appropriate combination of on and off the job training and development opportunities to support them in reaching their personal potential and being able to progress through the organisation.
We promote equality, diversity and inclusion and ensure that all managers have an understanding of their equal opportunities obligations, allowing them to manage their team fairly and equally in all areas of employment.
We also ensure that all employees are aware of the company’s legal obligations and internal procedures relating to the provision of equal opportunities via our Equality & Diversity Policy.
Annual appraisals are conducted with all employees, allowing quality one-to-one time with their manager to discuss their performance, establish new objectives and determine the employee’s individual training and development needs that are required to assist in achieving their goals.
We fully recognise that our day-to-day operations cause inevitable impact on the environment in a number of ways. We are committed to reducing the level of impact through assessing and improving our environmental performance.
To help us achieve this goal, we have implemented the following activities to support our environmental performance:
- Operating a hybrid working policy to minimise the impact of employee commuting;
- Encouraging employees to walk or cycle to work, rather than using other forms of transport that emit Co2, using government schemes;
- Encouraging employees to use public transport to travel to work, where walking of cycling is not feasible; and
- Recycling paper, cardboard, plastic and batteries in each our international offices. Monitoring and reporting on the environmental impact of our employees commuting to the office;
Health and Safety
We will do everything that is reasonably practicable to protect the health, safety and welfare of both our employees and any other person affected by our activities.
The Board, led by the Chief Executive Officer, has overall responsibility for ensuring that we maintain high standards of health and safety. However, we rely on all of our employees, sub- contractors and customers to play their part in effectively implementing our health and safety policy and sharing in our commitment to create a physically safe working environment for our people.
As such, we will:
- undertake risk assessments, implement the identified control measures and ensure that safe systems of work are applied in relation to our activities;
- provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment including safe access arrangements and suitable welfare facilities;
- provide information, instruction, training and supervision to enable employees to perform their work safely;
- promote a positive health and safety culture within the organisation;
- ensure safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the storage, handling, use and transport of articles and substances
- take steps to assess the competence of any contractor we engage and to ensure that information is exchanged on matters relevant to health and safety
- be prepared for emergencies such as fire and medical emergencies and investigate all incidents of injury or ill health
Additionally, we seek to create a psychologically safe working environment and encourage positive mental wellbeing by
- ensuring that the right people are recruited to the right jobs and that a good match is obtained between individuals recruited and job descriptions/specifications;
- keeping employees in the team up to date with developments at work and how these might affect their job and workload;
- ensuring that employees know who to approach with problems concerning their role and how to pursue issues with senior management;
- making sure jobs are designed fairly and that work is allocated appropriately between teams; and
- ensuring that workstations are regularly assessed to ensure that they are appropriate and fit for purpose.
This Policy and the Responsibilities and Arrangements that support it will be reviewed annually, or more frequently where there have been significant changes to the company or the nature of the company’s activities.