In this report, authored by Alveo and Vector Risk, we discuss resolving the challenges of data intensity and computational complexity.
- FRTB poses significant challenges and a high cost for banks to implement if they use traditional approaches to on-prem market data infrastructure and risk calculations
- FRTB’s calculation and data intensity demands put strain on existing data and risk infrastructure
- Technological advances mean the traditional border between Basel’s Standardized Approach (“SA”) and Internal Model Approach (“IMA”) banks will blur – putting IMA capabilities within reach of smaller banks
- Vector Risk and Alveo provide best of breed, cloud-based risk calculation and market data integration solutions that; reduce the onboarding time and allow faster and cheaper processing for FRTB IMA calculations and data requirements.
- Using cloud-based technology to futureproof market risk infrastructure reduces the cost of (inevitable) future change with a predictable cost base
Download our FRTB: Cloud-to-Cloud Whitepaper
This report, co-authored by Alveo and Vector Risk, discusses the challenges of data intensity and computational complexity when implementing FRTB and best ways to address that using cloud-based services.