Modern Slavey Statement
This statement sets out Alveo Technology’s actions to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to its business and to put in place steps that are aimed at ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in its own business and its supply chains.
This statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021.
Alveo Technology has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of slavery and human trafficking within our corporate and supply chain. We recognise our obligation in the prevention of slavery and human trafficking and we will do all in our power to prevent slavery and human trafficking within our corporate activities and within the supply chain processes that we work with.
Organisational structure and supply chains
This statement covers the activities of the following corporate entities, all trading as Alveo Technology.
- Asset Control Technology Limited (UK)
- Asset Control International BV (Netherlands)
- Asset Control Systems Inc (USA)
- Asset Control Singapore Private Limited (Singapore)
- Asset Control Ireland Limited (Ireland)
Alveo Technology is an international software and managed services provider that operates in the Financial Services sector, currently serving organisations across banking, asset management, insurance and market infrastructure. We have almost 100 employees located across EMEA, APAC and the Americas.
Countries of operation and supply
The organisation currently operates in the following countries:
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
The following is the process by which the company assesses whether or not particular activities or countries are high risk in relation to slavery or human trafficking:
We do not consider any of our activities as being at high risk of slavery or human trafficking.
Responsibility for the organisation’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies and training: The People Team (i.e. the Human Resources department) is responsible for implementing and reviewing policies and training relating to anti-modern slavery and human trafficking practices.
- Risk assessments: In conjunction with the business, the Finance team is responsible for risk assessments of new and existing suppliers.
- Investigations/due diligence: In conjunction with the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Finance Officer is responsible for investigations and due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of slavery and human trafficking.
We operate the following policies that describe our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our corporate activities
- Modern Slavery Policy: We highlight this issue of modern slavery to all Alveo Technology employees and contractors and outline our approach to ensuring that our operations and supply chain are free from modern slavery.
- Whistleblowing: We encourage our employees, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to the direct activities, or the supply chains of, the organisation. This includes any circumstances that may give rise to an enhanced risk of slavery or human trafficking.
- Code of Conduct: We makes clear to employees the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing the Alveo Technology. We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating in all our locations.
- Recruitment/Agency workers: We only reputable employment agencies to source labour and always verify the practices of any new agency.
This statement has been approved by the organisation’s Board of Directors who will review and update it annually.